Saturday, September 3, 2011

Let The Cold Season Commence!

Isn't this the greatest picture? Haha. Sorry for the nasty looking one. It was all I could find. Haha.

At my house, it has been getting pretty cold here in the mornings. So when we take my daughter out to wait for the bus, we all bundle up a bit. Yes, by we, I mean me and 3 out of the 4 kids (the baby stays inside). They all feel the need to go to see Abby off. Friday morning, Piper went out to send Abby off and came back 10 minutes later with a runny nose. It seems as though she caught a little something during that walk to the end of the driveway and back. No fun for any of us! So what is the protocol now? Before she went to bed, I put a drop of Lavender on each foot, 1 drop of On Guard on each foot, and then a drop of Breathe on her chest. Her nose was a mix of stuffy and runny, depending on the moment. So the Breathe was to help clear it out and help her breathe through-out the night. The Lavender was to help her rest well. On Guard was of course to get out that yucky virus she caught! By morning, she was doing a lot better. Though I will continue to do this for probably the next week because the typical virus lasts about 7 days. I will also be diffusing On Guard in our apartment so help us all stay healthy!
Oh no, Rory got a runny nose today. I guess I'll be doing this regiment on 2 kiddos, not just 1!! Are you guys ready for the cold season to come? I can't decide if I'm ready for winter. It seems like I just got our gloves, hats and scarves all put away! Guess it is time to go get them. Darn.

No comments: