Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ylang-Ylang huh?

I have this bottle of oil that for one reason or another, I wanted to make sure that I had in my stock. But, due to my busy-ness, I have never actually used it or even looked it up to see how I could use it. I figured this post was a good enough reason to do that. It is called Ylang Ylang. I think it is pronounced ee-Lang ee-Lang. The oil comes from a greenish-yellow flower that actually is native to Asia. I love that I am learning about this oil now, during these winter months because guess what this oil can help with? It is an anti-depressant! There are so many people who unfortunately suffer from depression during the long, dark, cold winter months because of the lack of sunlight. This is a great oil to diffuse in your home if that is your case. It smells great and can also help with anxiety and releasing anger. It is also said to be an aphrodisiac and a great antiseptic. doTERRA gets their Ylang Ylang essential oil from the plants grown in Madagascar and is steam distilled from the flower.
To get the best benefits from this oil, it is said to take it in aromatically. So it is great to inhale and diffuse. Though it is a gentle oil to use topically. I love this part especially though. Ylang Ylang is a great oil to use in baths and massages!! I just might have to try that out this week. I start my semester this week and I'm sure that the stress will start building up (look at me pretending that it hasn't been stressful already just getting ready for school to start! ha!). It is also great for the skin so if you have any sort of skin problems, give this oil a try! 
A random fact about Ylang Ylang is that is commonly used in flavoring of bubble gum!! Cool huh?
Ylang Ylang comes in a 15mL bottle and costs $47 retail 
and only $35.25 wholesale.



Do you guys make New Years resolutions? If you do, what are some that you have made for the year 2012? Some of mine are to read some of the classics like Pride & Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. I also want to use an oil in my water at least once a day. I have been slacking on that big time and I know that I would be so much healthier if I did do this. To do this, you can add a drop of Lemon, Grapefruit (my fav), Lime, Peppermint, Slim & Sassy, or Citrus Bliss. Leave a comment with some of your New Years Resolutions. Do any of them involve the oils??

No comments: