Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Blistering 98.6* F

I think I have mentioned on here once or twice that when using the oils to cook with, you might lose the healing purposes from them because of the heat. This is the same reason you need to keep them out of direct sunlight and high heat. Well it struck me the other day that our bodies are 98.6 degrees. Therefore, if you are using the oils in your foods and drinks, as long as you don't go hotter than that, you should still get the medicinal necessities from them. So if you are sick and want to make some sort of peppermint tea or lemon tea or something, just make sure your water isn't hotter than 98.6 degrees and you should be alright! :) 
Do you guys want me to start using tags on each post? Would that help future navigation on this blog? 

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

A good rule of thumb is if its hot enough to burn your skin, its too hot!

Alisha said...

Good to know...I think the tabs would be awesome!