Monday, January 31, 2011

Spider Bite? Use Lavender!

I have a really good friend, Molly Anderson, who recently shared this experience with me and so I thought it'd be a great one for you all to read.
"Ok so about a week ago I woke up with this quarter size red spot on my hip. It hurt so bad and was so huge! Plus it was right underneath the waist band of my pants so it would rub and hurt even worse! I don't know for sure that it was a spider bite, but I don't know what else it could be.
The next morning I woke up with two more bites, one on my left cheek and one right next to my left eye. They weren't as big as the one on my hip, but still noticeable, painful, and itchy.
I looked up spider bites in the Essential Oils 911 book and it said lavender was the best thing. I put some on all three of my bites and did this about four times a day, or as often as I felt like I needed it. It completely got rid of the redness and itching on my face. My bites went down to a barely noticeable size within one day. After that I just used the lavender to control the itching, but the pain was gone!
My bigger bite didn't go away as fast, but the lavender did get rid of the pain and itching. I think it was because it was so much bigger that it took a few days to go away, but at least I wasn't in pain."

I get the chills thinking about the spider bites on her face! Ugh! I hate spiders!
I'm so glad Molly was willing to let me post this on here. Big shout-out to Molly Anderson! Thanks a ton! I hope you all were able to learn something new from her experience! Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

No comments: