Monday, March 21, 2011

The Oil Worked!

Today, I had to go to Idaho Falls for Abby's (my almost 5 year old) and get her allergy test done. It came back clear, except for one. Tobacco! Seeing as how none of us smoke and she isn't around anyone who does, there isn't much we can do about it and she will eventually outgrow it, hopefully. Whew!
My son, who is 3, had an issue with some constipation today. We weren't home and I didn't have my little purse-sized oils made up yet. All I had was Lavender, Melaleuca and Lemon in my purse. So I asked him if he wanted me to put some oil on his tummy (I always ask first so they feel like they are the ones making the choice). He, of course, said yes so I rubbed a drop of Lavender on his little tummy. A couple of hours later, I asked him how his tummy felt. He said, "Good mommy! The oil worked!" He was so excited about it, I could help but to smile and give him a high five! :) He hasn't complained about his tummy hurting since then! 
After a long day of running around stores and shopping, my back is killing me- a certain point on my lower back to be more specific. So, as soon as my youngest Piper gets put in bed, I'm handing Ryan my deep blue and having him rub my back. Now, how long til Piper goes to bed?? That is the real question here. :)

No comments: